The access points are “dumb” points that are managed through FortiGate.
FortiAP access points are available both in indoor and outdoor configurations.
The wireless controller provides a central access points management and includes:
- A unique mobile AP that provides a wireless Internet access and an automatic secure corporate
connection for remote employees.
- AP visualization
- Full captive portal application
- Guest network application (including a secretary portal)
- Automatic radio management support
- Wireless mesh and wireless bridge support
- POE support
- Rogue access point detection
- The new S-series provides a cloud-based management using FortiCloud